Monday, March 22, 2010

Updated Sketch-Up Model + Attempt at Stairs

I played around with the model that i had below a bit more so it looks like this now:The main difference (you can see it better in the photo below) is that I've changed it from having a floating platform for the bottom part into the whole building having a sort of shard running through it. It looks more striking this way and fits the "suspended/unsettling" quota better.
These are the first stairs that I attempted. I tried making it look like the stairs were growing out of the sides of the glass and wrapping themselves around and to the top level. I still haven't decided whether or not to add a balustrade.
The second set of stairs I tried making froze my (very old) laptop, so... that was annoying. But they were meant to look something like this:
I'll try and post the image of them when I've tried making them again and, hopefully, this time it wont die on me.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Ana, I've conferred with R, and keeping the one structure is fine, just be mindful of the ground plane and how you engage with it, and how you articulate the gallery. It will be interesting to see how the new stair develops in the shardlike and framelike structures.

    ReplyDelete